Giancarlo Benedetti, P.E., S.E.
MSCE, Structural Engineering
University of Central Florida
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) – FL # 73969
- Structural Engineer (S.E.) – IL# 081007794
- California Licensed Civil Engineer (P.E.) – CA # C85932
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) – ND # PE-10711
- NCEES 16 hr. SE Exam
- NCEES Record Active with Model Law Structural Engineer (MLSE) special designation.
Professional Structural Engineering Experience
- Designed Commercial, Institutional (civil and public facilities; i.e. schools, libraries, military buildings), Industrial (food and beverage, manufacturing, renewable energy, aviation-hangars, and paper mills), theme park, and
- Designed tilt-up walls (cantilever, load bearing, non-load bearing, and shear walls) using PCA Wall, for single-story and multiple-story commercial, warehouse, and school buildings
- Designed foundations, including single-pad footings for columns, wall footings, combined footings, strap-footings for moment frames, and grade beams and piers.
- Designed, analyzed, and detailed special & ordinary concentrically braced frames (SCBF & OCBF), special, intermediate, and ordinary moment frames (SMF, IMF, and OMF) and their connections following the provisions of the AISC 341.
- Designed and detailed intermediate and special reinforced concrete shear walls based on the seismic design provisions set on ACI 318.
- Performed wind, snow, and earthquake analysis using ASCE 7-05 & 7-10 and the International Building Code, 06, 09, & 2012 edition.
- Performed seismic static equivalent lateral force and modal response spectrum analysis per ASCE 7.
- Familiar with UFC criteria from the Army for the matters of antiterrorism force protection.
- Designed rigid and flexible diaphragms following lateral analysis.
- Performed design and specification of open web joists and girders with Steel Joist Institute (SJI) compliance.
- Designed and analyzed masonry walls (cantilever, load bearing, non-load bearing, and shear walls).
- Designed and analyzed wood framing including wall studs, timber posts, timber beams, diaphragms and shear wall sheathing.
- Familiar with NDS 05 & NDS 12 and the wood construction manual.
- Inspected structural steel, panel reinforcement, column and beam reinforcement, roof truss connections, and welds.
Design of Gantry systems for the toll plazas at the Florida’s Turnpike using the AASHTO LTS-5 code.